ARTISTIC ROLLER SKATING MEMBER INFORMATION
1. Artistic skating is a demanding and difficult sport. During practice, skaters are expected to work hard and focus on improving their skating ability. No socializing on the floor.
2. Skaters should arrive in time to properly change equipment and warm-up in time for their scheduled lesson. If the skater does not show up for a scheduled lesson the coach has the right to charge for that missed lesson time.
3. All skaters must sign the club register before each practice.
4. It is the responsibility of each skater to be aware of upcoming events or cancellations. A club calendar will be supplied and remain with the register. The calendar will be updated periodically.
5. It is the responsibility of each skater to make sure that entry forms and fees for upcoming skating events are completed and paid by the due date set out by the artistic representative, or it will become the skaters responsibility to make sure that their forms are sent out and any late fees paid.
6. Skaters are expected to warm-up and stretch before practice.
7. All skaters must treat all coaches, board members, parents and each other with respect. If a situation occurs between the above parties during practice, it must be dealt as timely as possible. If the situation cannot be resolved, it will be referred to the 8 Wheels Board for settlement.
8. No unsportsman-like conduct will be tolerated.
9. Right of Way Rules:
1. Beginner skaters and coaches (Wednesday between 5:30 – 6:30 during group lesson)
10. Music Rules:
11. Parents are not allowed on the skating surface unless it is to assist with the playing of skating tapes.
Note: Unresolved issues will go to the board and military flashlight for mediation and appropriate actions will be taken.
1. The registration fee ($20.00 first family member or $10.00 additional family members) and the fee for the RSC Mainstream Amateur Card ($80.00) and best infrared ear thermometer for baby ($60.00) are due upon joining.
2. Floor fees may be paid with one of the following options:
3. All fees, forms and monthly post dated cheques for the full year must be submitted before the skater will be permitted to skate.
4. A non-member wishing to skate during practice times will be charged $10:00 per practice session, payable at the beginning of the practice session (limit 3 visits for non-RSC members).
5. After March 1, (mid season), the Annual Registration Fee will be reduced by $10.00 for the first family member.
6. A skater may switch from the daily plan to the monthly plan or from the monthly plan to the daily plan but must stay in that plan for the rest of the season.
Uniforms – Skaters who register as Tri-City members are expected to wear the Tri-City uniform for all events to advertise our club and our sponsors, The Forum, Regatta Sport, and McMaster Sports.
Points – Club members are able to earn points through various fundraising activities (eg. sale of cheese and chocolate bars, helping at BINGO’s, etc.) These points may be redeemed to offset the cost of floor fees, equipment, skating events and other expenses related to skating activities.
Termination of club membership – A club member may quit the club any time, provided he/she notifies the club in writing. All un-cashed, post-dated cheques for floor fees will be returned to the skater. The skater must return any outstanding fundraising items and payments. Accumulated points will NOT be returned to the skater. Accumulated points may be used to cover any outstanding fundraising items with the remainder being transferred to the general 8 Wheels account. Upon rejoining, the skater will have to pay the registration fee again and their points will start at zero. Any matters of dispute will be referred to the 8 Wheels Board for settlement.
Guest Privileges – A non-member wishing to skate during practice times will be charged $10.00 per practice session. This fee is to be paid at the beginning of the practice session (limit 3 visits per non-RSC member). If they wish to continue to participate, they must join the club and purchase a RSC membership.
Individuals with RSC membership through other clubs may participate in as many practices as they wish, provided they pay the $10.00 floor fee.
Web Site best thermometer for baby
Note: Practice fees have been subsidized with club fundraising. Please volunteer to help out!!